Saturday, April 17, 2010

I have news

I’m moving back to Toronto.

Bah!!

I wrote an explanation yesterday, but my computer ate it. Here’s the ADD version of why I’m leaving Qatar.

  1. It’s Shanghai’s fault. I travelled and remembered how I need to live in a proper city to feel normal.
  2. It was time to leave my job. The universe gave me an exit and I took it. I’ll work for another month, and then it’s go time.
  3. DKM may have some news too. Inquiring minds should ask him about that directly.
  4. Why write it when it’s already been sung?  

I’ve had a wonderful time in Doha. This nutty little country has been my home for 16 months. It will be hard to leave the incredible people here. I will just have to throw one hell of a goodbye party.

Thanks Qatar. It’s been real, it’s been fun. Toronto – you’re mine.

Now let’s get back to the biziness at hand – writing silly things about silly things. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm so glad you enjoyed the ride. What an experience for you. Good Luck on your Canadian homecoming. Wait a minute, are you really just going to work for Jose Canseco?! Tell the truth now.

    P.S. Can I still photo shop you on occasion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybil, photoshop knows no borders and time zones! Shop away :)

    Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Huge. Congratulations.

    Home!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna miss you and D! It's been fun. Come visit us in London when i get the F out of here!

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on...