Thursday, April 8, 2010

All your book are belong to me -- updated!

Twitter triumph! There's a shit ton of books coming my way. Living in the desert and having no life is kind of awesome sometimes. 

The best part of this exercise? I know who recommended each book. If it sucks you better believe they’ll hear about it. If you sent me something and it's not on the list, it's because I've read it. Catch-22 is excellent. 

The books that'll mess me up in the coming months are...

Liars’ Club – Mary Karr 

A Spot of Bother  - Mark Haddon

 Unseen Academicals – Terry Pratchett

      The Bullpen Gospels – Dirk Hayhurst

 On Boxing – Joyce Carol Oates


7.     Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
     
          Straight Man - Richard Russo

          Microserfs - Douglas Coupland

          Love is a Dog From Hell - Charles Bukowski

         Bastards and Boneheads - Will Ferguson

          Open: An Autobiography - Andre Agassi

          The Game - Ken Dryden

         My Life in and out of the Rough:  -  John Daly

         Unaccustomed Earth: Stories - Jhumpa Lahiri

         Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game - Michael Lewis

         Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri

         Batman: Year One - Frank Miller

          Monkey Beach: A Novel - Eden Robinson

          Special Topics in Calamity Physics - Marisha Pessl

          The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafón
  
         Sorry about the piss poor formatting. I don't know anything about anything. 

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh, look at me, I READ BOOKS! Here are the books I read! I then keep them and hang them on walls so other people can see what I've read and be impressed!

    Comments:

    Agassi book will be awful. I get it, he did Meth.

    Garfoose!

    Batman? Read the comics, seen the movie, is there really anything else? OR IS IT A BOOK ABOUT AN ACTUAL MAN TRAPPED INSIDE A BATs BODY???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Shantaram? Cheeky Mereditherer!!

    Looking forward to catching up, if you can pull yourself away from your book list, which failed to include my favourite... Sob!

    BJLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Confederacy of Dunces is a fall-down hilarious book. The story of the author is heartbreaking and uplifting all at once. A very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read up on why Batman:Year One was considered such a landmark in graphic novels, anon. It's certainly not a literary novel in the traditional sense, but like Watchmen, Frank Miller's turn in revitalizing the Batman franchise had a impact in storytelling and why Batman became so culturally significant to this day.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on...