Sunday, January 17, 2010

Liveblogging the Golden Globes - Updated

This is what happens when you try and do things

Yesterday I was struck with the brilliant idea to liveblog the Golden Globe awards. The plan was to wake up at 3am and chat with my friend Elisha. If one or two more people/lurkers joined in that would have been cool too. More people liveblogging equals more jabs at the tight-faced celebrities. I set up the blog (see below), woke up at 3 and realized the awards weren’t broadcast in Qatar this year. Ripoff.

So I missed it. It’s upsetting to have missed Ricky Gervais piss all over the Hollywood Foreign Press (he did piss on them right? Expectations were so high I was half-expecting him to punch a celebrity square in the mouth, I guess the Mel Gibson jab came close enough but enough about that), but I also really wanted to try the liveblog thing. It’s from coveritlive.com, the app is currently free and it won’t be that way forever. Oh well. I PROMISE to liveblog the Oscars snoozefest.**

**That Promise means it is 79% not going to happen. Build a bridge. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble on...