Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm baaaaack.

After three weeks and a day in Canada, I'm back in the sandbox. I can't decide which weather is worse – the unexpected typhoon-like thunderstorms in Toronto, or the stifling, debilitating heat and sand in Doha. Tough call. It's probably the sand. At least Canada gets breaks from the rain.

But I am happy to be back, if only because I simply could not handle another week in T.O. at the rate I was going. Nobody could. No body could.

It's 10:30 on a Saturday night. I just took an accidental five hour nap. Work starts again tomorrow, so to say I played the jet lag well this time is laughable. I've played my jet lag about as well as the Jays of late. My stars, they're depressing.

Jet lag makes you so crazy, doesn't it? I woke up at 9:30 this morning, and the plan was to stay up as long as possible, finally going to bed at 9:30 p.m. and setting myself straight. By 4 o'clock I was beginning for a nap. By five, I was out cold. I slept through the dinner I promised to make. Winner!

How does one get back into responsible person mode after three weeks of delinquency? Someone seriously please tell me because I need to know. It's concerning that by 3 p.m. tomorrow I'll probably be asking to ditch out early because it's “drinkin time.”

Hopefully I have more restraint and class than that but honestly, it will be tough not to follow my every whim and desire any longer. Vacation is the best. In fact, here's DKM (at 4 a.m. looking out at the field at the SkyDome) on the benefits of vacation:


That was a glorious night.

Look for future posts involving airplane travel, Canadian stories and the unending joys of wedding planning. And photos of cats. Lots of cat photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble on...