Monday, May 18, 2009

Thoughts on Portishead and apples and Nowitzki*

*Do the three have anything in common? NO! But I wrote the post and couldn't think of a title

I’ve been listening to a lot of Portishead today. They make you kind of crazy, no? Good crazy, of course.

Portishead often goes overlooked on my iTunes. However, once they actually get played, I’m super stoked.

I probably ignored this band for so long because up until I was about 18, I thought this was their lead singer: Creepy video child.

Listening to Portishead is just like eating an apple. When you see an apple on the table, you’re hardly enticed. You can’t remember why you even bought apples in the first place. Then on the off chance you’re out of bananas, you eat an apple and you’re all, “OH MY GOD. This is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. If only this apple could go on forever.”

I’m eating an apple.

Hey, here’s something. Last night, I dreamt that Roger Federer entered a horse in the Preakness and I was hired to tack his horse. Unfortunately, the dream ended there and I didn’t get to tack Roger. And I was sooo close.

I don’t know about you, but I never have sex dreams about good looking celebrities. Only ogres like NBA superstar Dirk Nowitzki make it through my stupid brain’s screening process.
WHY CAN’T YOU BE HOT!? My unconscious mind is an asshole.

Please tell me you have better luck.

**
BONUS!
Here's a video my friend Steve shot in British Colombia, when a friendly black bear wandered on to his lawn. I love Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramble on...