Monday, February 16, 2009

It takes a lot of money to look this cheap

Oh heyyyy. Thanks for stopping by. You're looking well.

I just got back from the health club, had myself a massage. Nice place, but the shower was suspect so I left before washing up. I’m covered head to toe in massage oil. I know, it's gross. I’ll shower when this spectacular sun goes away and I’m sick of watching YouTube videos of old time country ladies. That might be awhile…

You probably noticed the stunning photo of Ms. Parton. It's a slow news day (sunday at 4 in the morning in Toronto) so let's address things that aren't timely in any way.

I have girl crushes on country singers, with Ms. Parton sitting high atop the twisted pyramid of my love. This obsession with Dolly goes back, but there’s a host of other ladies-- Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette -- who make me happy.

Their music makes me feel all funny inside. You can be in a great mood, put on a Patsy Cline album and within the hour, feel utterly and desperately broken. Want to feel sorry for yourself RIGHT NOW? Click here.

Music aside, I love their style. I admire women with big hair. Sometimes when I’m alone, I try and style my hair like Tammy Wynette’s. It's crazy hard and I always end up looking like a lion.

Dolly and Tammy have kickass hair, but an honourable mention goes to Conway Twitty. For a dude, that is some boss style. Makes me wish I were a flea, so I could live there.

I'm posting this entry now, so in the future, when I write diatribes about Dolly's songwriting or Dolly's boobies, you'll know where it's coming from.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe 'titles for a man or woman' should be a challenge item...It appears as if I would win in a landslide...

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on...