Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Miss You Always

Yes you, Mott's Clamato Caesar. You're not just a cocktail, old friend. You truly are a work of art.
My friend Phil makes the best caesars in the world. He has a gift. Happy memories -- often I would go to work hungover as shit and Philly would pour me a tall, extra spicy glass of deliciousness. Virgin, of course (winking emoticon, smiley face with a tongue, another winking emoticon). Those were the days.

There are few things I wouldn't do to drink a caesar right now-- illegal, immoral, whatever.

So please, the next time you enjoy this fantastic Canadian beverage, pour a sip on the floor for your hurting bredren (bredrenette?) in Doha. One for you, and one for your homie.

Loud sigh. Single tear.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have one today and pour some out. Thanks for the shout out! Yours will come soon, I'd put it in my most recent drinking story but I don't think you want your name to be anywhere near that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, interested to hear your opinion on my favorite comfort drink "Koala Springs" - specifically the Lemon, Lime and Orange flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gord- haha probably best you kept me out of the story. I'm just happy I was there the next morning. The mixed look of pride, revulsion and pain on your face was unforgettable.

    Mike- what is Koala Springs? If it ain't made with clams, I'm not interested.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on...