Sunday, February 22, 2009

BLOG WARS

See what I did there?I just saved myself 20 minutes on Microsoft paint by stealing this photo. Savvy.

Here's something to keep me distracted for the next couple of days.... I'm officially in a blog war-- there is a poster and everything. Who knew war could be sooo safe and nerdy? This is my kind of battle.

In the past, I've been nice and mentioned Gord's blog several times, because his site probably isn't as popular as mine and could use the hits. These selfless acts were thrown back in my face yesterday. Read on....

On his blog, Gord invites readers to challenge him. Most challenges to be accepted --trivia, feats of strength, jumping contests, etc.

I issued a challenge to Gord yesterday. He takes challenges seriously. He accepted, and now I am in the middle of a blog war. I suggest reading this post to understand the gravity of the situation. This is exciting stuff.

The best thing about this challenge is that I don't have to do anything. There is only great pressure on DKM to write something brilliant about me that everyone doesn't know. No big deal. If he wants to talk about how awesome my boobs are, that is totally cool. I might lose the challenge, but everyone will know how good I look naked! We can hash out strategy in private, moving on.

In case you aren't reading his site yet, here's what you need to know about Gord:

He has a stupid haircut.

Okay, okay, we have some things in common. We're both left-handed, Canadian leos, born under the sign of the ox, who like sports and booze and sex and writing blogs. But I promise, the similarities go no further than that.

It's my lovah versus Gord's lovah in an epic showdown. This challenge is totally subjective. It's next to impossible to judge. I don't know what I was thinking. It's more of a non-challenge. And what's not...can't be.

Whatever, it's on!

To judge our competition, we're inviting friends to make comments on our blogs to decide whose is better. It is essentially an exercise in whose friends will rally faster and harder. My friends are fucking lazy-- I'm concerned.

Check back Tuesday on BOTH sites and decide whose entry you like better. Meg is a funny bitch. It is possible she likes the Simpsons even MORE than me. This makes her a huge geek, and likely to write some funnies.
I'm nervous.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't agree to friends writing comments to approve winners...most of my friends know Duncan better than Meg, and they are incrediblyyyy lazy...Geez, this is getting complex.

    I think for now the two of them should just write the posts about us, we aren't allowed to edit or delete anything... And we'll just know the winner deep in our hearts, and if we don't then the Blog War moves to Bastille.

    I'm sure Meg is going to use it to chirp me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that's fair.

    Tuesday we silently judge them, but spend the rest of the day thanking God we actually found people to love our sorry asses.

    ReplyDelete

Ramble on...